angiogenesis article beauty body cancer cheese chicken cooking detox diet eating exercise family fitness food garlic general green health healthy healthy eating high image ingredients kids king living menu planning more nature news nutrition organic prevention recipe recipes research shutterstock spinach squash stress studies sugar thinkstock toxins
- 7 Day Gluten-Free Meal Plan
- Back To the Basics Workout
- Cardio Top Ten Playlist
- Quick Fish with Chickpeas, Tomatoes, and Sage
- 15 Meatless Slow Cooker Recipes for Summer
- 12 Easy Ways to Increase Your Water Intake
- Chickpea and Tomato Salad with Grilled Chicken
- Avocado and Grapefruit Salad
- 31 Delicious Ways to Eat Clean in July
- 7 Cute n’ Clean Eating Cupcakes
- 11 Delicious Ways to Make this 4th of July Sparkle
- Risotto with Leeks and Fennel
- 8 Easy Tips for Controlling Portion Sizes
- Top 10 Weight Watchers Crockpot Recipes
- Mushroom and Cheese Quesadillas
- 7 Salads That Know How to Celebrate Summer FruitSweet strawberries. Juicy peaches. Luscious mango. If you’re looking for ways to upgrade a salad, fruits in their prime are an excellent place to start. Figs: Fig, Bacon and Frisee Salad Sweet figs are at hitting their stride right about now — and are the perfect complement to bitter greens, bacon and black pepper in thisRead more
- This Week’s Nutrition News FeedIn this week’s news: School cafeteria workers have reason to high-five; scientists make milk — minus the cow; and umami is just the beginning of an avalanche of new tastes. The Spork Set Surprises Sure, most kids roll their eyes when they hear the phrase “healthy lunch.” (Certain grown-ups, too.) But a funny thing happenedRead more
- Make Your Own Banana-Chocolate Protein BarOne sure way to avoid the highly processed add-ins found in many protein bars is to turn out a batch using your own ingredients and a boost of protein powder. A word on that front: You’ll want a protein powder low in added and artificial sweeteners. Whey, which is dairy-based, is one good option, butRead more
- What to Look for on a Yogurt LabelThe yogurt section in your dairy aisle has been expanding rapidly. There are so many options, brands, and spins on the delicious, creamy dairy delight it can make buying yogurt a confusing experience. Before adding any yogurt to your shopping cart, keep these healthy shopping tips in mind.
- Update: Health Experts Weigh in on Proposed Nutrition Label RedoEarlier this year, the FDA released details of the proposed nutrition label makeover. Many experts have been weighing in on the new look trying to determine if the proposed changes will help consumers make more informed decisions or add to the confusion.
- New York City's 'Gay Health Warrior'Demetre Daskalakis is an infectious disease physician who hung up his lab coat to bring HIV screening and counseling to Manhattan’s gay nightlife.
- Study: Many Parents Are In Denial About Their Kids’ ObesityA new study found that even when parents recognize that their children are overweight, many fail to do anything about it—or even to see it as a problem.
- Interesting News on the Finger-Shoe FrontThe company at the center of recent lawsuit news has a plan to get more people to try its unusual shoes. Run in them for six weeks, and if you don't like them, you can get all your money back.
- Adventures in Legal WeedColorado is now well into its first year as the first state to legalize recreational marijuana. How's it going? James Hamblin visits Aspen.
- Cancer Vaccine Exists, Goes UnusedThe HPV vaccine could prevent thousands of people every year from getting cancer. But a new CDC report says most children still do not receive it.