angiogenesis article beauty body cancer cheese chicken cooking detox diet eating entrees exercise family fitness food garlic general green health healthy healthy eating high image ingredients kids king living menu planning more nature news nutrition organic prevention recipe recipes shutterstock spinach squash stress sugar thinkstock toxins videos
- 99 Slow Cooker Recipes: Full Flavor Without the Extra Calories
- Slow Cooker Molten Lava Cake
- 13 Delicious Ways To Eat More Kale
- How to Peel Ginger Root
- How to Cut and Peel a Butternut Squash
- 10 Fantastic Food Life Hacks
- Nutella Fudge Brownies
- Get Lean Squat Hold
- 13 Clean Eating Versions Of Your Favorite Recipes
- 21 Deliciously Healthy Ways to Eat Traditional Southern Style Cooking
- No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Sweet Morning Breakfast Quinoa
- UN: Climate Changes Hard Impact on Women
- Hackers Want Your Medical Record, Not Credit
- How to Seed a Pomegranate
- This Week’s Nutrition News FeedIn this week’s news: Gluten-free diets spark a grain of concern; slow and steady may not win the weight-loss race; and that regrettably fattening lunch may have been your brain’s fault. Gluten-free Gotcha? For people with celiac disease or who are, for whatever reason, adhering to a gluten-free diet, a new study brings worrying news.Read […]
- Chatting with Amy Chaplin: At Home in the Whole Food KitchenEver since her childhood in rural Australia, Amy Chaplin’s diet has revolved around whole foods. After 20 years of cooking around the globe, the New York-based private chef, teacher, recipe developer and writer — her work appears on this very blog every week — is sharing this nurturing lifestyle in her first book, At HomeRead […]
- Umami Noodles with Five Spice SauceOf all the five tastes, umami is the most mysterious. Technically speaking, the savory flavor comes from glutamic acid. Less technically speaking, when added to recipes, umami makes a dish taste yummy (which is the actual English translation of the Japanese name). But while umami is most commonly associated with high-sodium, bottled products — likeRead […]
- The Chef’s Take: Yotam Ottolenghi’s Honey-Roasted Carrots with TahiniIf you’ve cooked from Plenty, Israeli chef and London restaurateur Yotam Ottolenghi’s bestselling and award-winning cookbook, it’s probably dog-eared and food-stained from loving overuse. (Baked eggs with yogurt and greens, Brussels sprouts with tofu, and soba noodles with eggplant and mango, are personal faves.) Now comes the hotly anticipated follow-up, Plenty More, in which OttolenghiRead […]
- Another Reason to Pass on Artificial SweetenersNew research is giving us another reason to question the safety of artificial sweeteners. Researchers concluded that artificial sweeteners may be contributing to diseases like obesity and diabetes. It may be another reason you should swap the pink or blue packet of the artificial stuff for something more natural.
- The Latest: Ebola in the United StatesA continually updated summary of all that’s happened since the first patient was diagnosed on American soil.
- Why Outbreaks Breed HysteriaWhat a 2009 psychology study on the swine flu pandemic can teach us about today's Ebola-induced panic
- The Best Nurses for Ebola: Robots?Ebola is a disease that preys on human connection. To fight it, new technologies are attempting to industrialize human distance.
- You Don't Have to Feel Your BreastsBreast self-exams haven't been shown to save lives. Instead, here's how to actually tell if you might have breast cancer.
- The Mysterious Polio-Like Disease Affecting American KidsDoctors are stumped about the condition's origins—and its treatment.