angiogenesis article beauty body cancer cheese chicken cooking detox diet eating entrees exercise family fitness food garlic general green health healthy healthy eating high image ingredients kids king living menu planning more nature news nutrition organic prevention recipe recipes shutterstock spinach squash stress studies sugar thinkstock toxins
- Why You Shouldn’t Stress Over Your Diet Choice
- Want to Lose Weight? Rethink Your Kitchen.
- 11 No Excuse Workouts That Can Be Done Anywhere
- Skinny Taco Salad in a Jar
- Calorie goals, support may help limit pregnancy weight gain
- Low Vitamin D Levels Linked to Dementia
- Triathlons Test the Middle-Aged Athlete
- Cost Effectiveness of Weight Loss Programs
- Potato-Wrapped Asparagus Rolls
- 30 Reasons to Eat Clean in September
- Sweet Corn Cakes with Roasted Vegetable Salsa
- Jalapeño Lime Tuna Salad
- 4-Minute Lean Down Challenge
- 14 Healthy Freezer Meals to Make Your Life Easier
- 13 Ways to Burn Fat and Get Toned Abs
- The Chef’s Take: Lentil, Avocado and Kale Salad from Franklin BeckerIn 1997, Franklin Becker was a 27-year-old chef whose star was on the rise. That same year, he was also diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. The disease not only changed the way he ate, but it also changed the way he cooked. Becker, who was most recently the corporate chef of the EMM Group, overseeingRead […]
- Dessert of the Month: Blackberry-Macadamia Ice CreamWhat better way to bid farewell to summer than with a bowl of delicious ice cream? Here, rich, creamy macadamia nuts are blended with fresh blackberries to create an irresistible marriage of texture and flavor. Most dairy-free ice creams are made with an all coconut-milk base, and with good reason: The richness of full-fat coconut milk isRead […]
- Food Fight!: Soy Nut Butter vs. Sunflower Seed ButterWhich of these alterna-nut butters is the superior pick? Just in time for the back-to-school season, two sandwich spreads battle it out. Soy Nut Butter This spread is made from roasted soybeans, oil and salt. Some brands include extras like palm oil and added sugar. Soy nut butter has a wonderfully thick and creamy texture, but theRead […]
- 7 Ways to Show Apples You Love ThemFall may not be officially here yet, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get psyched about the star fruit of the season. Rustic Apple Pie with Dried Cherries (above) Think of this less like your grandmother’s apple pie and more like a free-spirited galette with a healthier side. Apple slices and dried cherries — tossed in brown sugar andRead […]
- Meet Nutritional Yeast (That’s “Nooch” For Short)The name sounds strangely antiseptic, and the powdery flakes look suspiciously like what you’d sprinkle into the goldfish tank. But that does not deter certain cooks and bloggers (mostly vegetarian and vegan ones) from singing the praises of nutritional yeast. So what exactly is this supplement and what has it done to deserve a spot on the healthRead […]
- Poor Women Are Fatter Than Poor Men…and fat women are poorer than fat men. Why the obesity-poverty link splits along gender lines
- Lonely People Are More Likely to See Doll Faces as HumanA small new study posits that the threshold for recognizing something as "alive" lowers when someone is isolated.
- The NFL's Hazy Logic on MarijuanaWhen it comes to pot, the league's usual anti-drug arguments don't hold—and are harming players instead of protecting them.
- Agoraphobia and the TelecommuterHow working from home enabled one woman's mental illness to flourish
- Is Marijuana More Addictive Than Alcohol?Colorado and Washington are about to find out.